Groundskeeper / Maintenance Person
Our mission is to create the ideal environment for people to enjoy hand-crafted, farm-to-glass ales and lagers brewed on site. At our farmhouse brewery you will be able taste a broad spectrum of fresh, rotating brews that can be enjoyed inside the taproom, or out on the front yard patio, the backyard biergarten, the upstairs mezzanine, or on the rooftop terrace. Families and pets are welcome, along with beer novices and hardcore aficionados alike — we will have something for everyone to enjoy.
For us, it’s the details that make all the difference. They are what separate a good beer from a life-changing beer drinking experience. At the Source, all details will be considered — from the overall brewery atmosphere, to the glassware selection and cleanliness, to the beer serving temperatures and carbonation levels, to the proper levels and densities of foam, all curated by knowledgeable and friendly staff.
We are looking for passionate and qualified individuals who share our vision and are willing to work hard to upkeep our standards of excellence. If you are interested in joining the Source Brewing team please send your resume in a PDF to email@example.com.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to maintain the aesthetic of our beautiful farm and historic, renovated barn.
Position type: Full or Part-time
Primary responsibilities include:
- Landscaping — cutting grass, trimming hedges, gardening, etc.
- Window cleaning
- Sweeping parking lot and picking up garbage on grounds
- Maintain and repair equipment
- Ensure the cleanliness of the entire facility by following the established sanitary procedures and keeping accurate records.
- You have experience working as a brewer or cellar person in a commercial brewery
- You have a strong desire to learn and grow with the company
- Formal brewing education is a plus
You are willing to become a Certified Cicerone. We will reimburse exam costs upon certification.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- You pay close attention to details
- You are willing to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team and possess excellent communication skills
- You are available to work on weekends, early mornings, and/or nights depending on production schedules
- You are able to lift 55 lbs and move 165 lbs occasionally
- You are able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
- You are able to safely operate complex machinery
- You are able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment and handle hazardous materials
- You have the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- You are at least 21 years of age